Sandhurst Apartment Management is hiring a Senior Property Accountant to support its growing portfolio of multifamily communities. We are looking for someone with a strong attention to detail and passion for driving a company forward. We need this person to be a self-starter who is able to work within an entrepreneurial environment and support multiple properties.
• Responsible for the month-end closing process for assigned properties including; general ledger entries and review, bank reconciliations and financial statement preparations
• Prepare, analyze and review monthly financial reporting packages distributed to investors and owners. This will include coordinating input from property managers and VPs
• Monitor bank account balances and complete monthly bank reconciliations for property operating, security deposit, and capital accounts
• Communicate daily with property managers and regional Vice Presidents to ensure accuracy of property financials
• Support external and internal audits requests
• Assist with year-end 1099 preparation
• Coordinate with lenders on monthly or quarterly reporting requirements, including monthly draw requests as necessary
• Assist with preparation of other reporting requests as needed including acquisitions and dispositions
• Setup acquired properties within the accounting software
Skills and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field highly preferred
• Knowledge of accrual and GAAP basis accounting
• At least 2-3 years professional experience, with multifamily property management industry experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience with Entrata property management software a plus
• Must be self-starter with ability to show strong initiative and follow-through skills
• Excellent attention to detail, as well as time management skills
• Able to support multiple property managers across the US
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial data
• Ability to work independently with little oversight, as well as a team environment
• Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sandhurst Apartment Management provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Sandhurst Apartment Management complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Notice: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sandhurst Apartment Management is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.