The Echo Foundation is a small not-for-profit organization that seeks to promote justice and inspire hope through education, service, and the development of leadership for a more humane world. We believe in the power of education to inspire students to become the voices of conscience necessary to create a future built on human dignity, tolerance, and justice.
We are looking for an Office Manager/Executive Assistant who is enthusiastic to join our work. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who is a self-starter with strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task and work independently.
This position is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who seeks to have an impact on humanity. Opportunities exist for leadership development.
• Support the President with appointment scheduling, calendar management, preparation of documents, travel arrangements and correspondence
• Organize & complete Echo mass mailings (i.e., membership mailings, project mailings, etc.)
• Manage database for membership, mailing lists, and individual contacts
• Coordinate Echo Board of Trustees and staff meetings, including scheduling, document preparation, logistics and meeting minutes
• Perform minimal bookkeeping duties – coordinate with accountant, manage petty cash, make deposits; copy and file receipts, checks, and deposit slips
• Manage day-to-day office operations including supply oversight and ordering, computer/technology management, office organization and filing
• Negotiate with vendors for cost-effective, non-profit rates for Echo business; compile information on all current and past vendors and make recommendations to president re: vendor use; solicit area businesses for pro bono services
• Recruit, coordinate and provide training to Echo volunteers
• Coordinate Echo events and projects by overseeing specific aspects of each as assigned by President
• Create copy, proof, and edit Echo invitations and project brochures. Interact with designer and printer to assure quality work and timely service
• Manage Echo website – provide updated information to keep website current and relevant
• Manage social media platforms
• Provide support to Development Committee by preparing presentation materials, orchestrating small fundraising events, and following up with prospective and current donors
• Document and track all donations, grants, and memberships. Write and send thank you letters and other correspondence to donors, trustees, members, and other Echo contacts
Qualification and experience:
• 3 – 5 years of professional work experience is required
• Undergraduate degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional business writing and proofreading skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Applicants can email a letter of interest and their resumes to Stacey.Schanzlin@echofoundation.org
The post Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the President appeared first on Axios Charlotte.