Are you a proactive, self-motivated, creative solution-driven business professional that yearns to be part of a culture that believes in the power of young people to make a difference in this world? If so, then we may be the place for you. Woodlawn School is seeking a collaborative analytical thinker who brings superior skills in time management, organizing, planning, and implementation of tasks and major projects.
The Director of Finance’s primary role is to supervise, manage, and/or execute all aspects of the school’s day-to-day and annual financial management and planning. This is a 12-month position, beginning July 1, 2023.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Partnering with the Head of School on all financial planning, including budget setting and management
• Regularly preparing financial reports for the HOS, Finance Committee, and Board of Trustees; attending and presenting at monthly Finance Committee meetings, and attending/presenting at Board meetings as needed
• Managing all accounting matters, including all aspects of accounts payable and receivable, cashflow tracking, budget tracking, tuition payments, donations, financial investments, and banking activities, and preparing reconciliations of these items monthly
• Managing basic human resource functions, including working with our payroll vendor to process semi-monthly payroll, employee compensation and benefits administration, personnel files, and processes for both hiring and employee transitions
• Serving as the point person to our auditors and managing the school’s annual independent audit
• Providing data for and managing reports as needed for accreditation purposes, banking relationships, year-end tax documentation, etc
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A relevant degree
• Significant nonprofit financial management experience with a strong accounting background
• Proficiency in Blackbaud Financial Edge and Tuition Manager, or proficiency in a similar system and ability to learn quickly
• Strong problem-solving, and analytical skills, with an ability to see and solve issues
• A desire to dig in and both create new business/accounting systems and work to ensure our current systems are most effective
• An ability to work together with fellow admin/faculty, board members, and parents
• Strong communication skills to both convey financial information and present positive customer service to anyone with financial questions
• An eagerness to collaborate with the Head of School on creating long-term financial planning models
• A commitment to becoming a part of the Woodlawn community
• A willingness to pick up a piece of trash dropped on the floor, regardless of position or title.
Send a letter of interest and resume to Holly Honeycutt, Associate Head of School at email@example.com.
Woodlawn School celebrates the diversity of our school and local communities including race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our educational program, staff hiring, and other school-administered programs. Please send your letter of interest and resume to Holly Honeycutt, Associate Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.