Some exciting news to share today … we’re launching a news partnership with WBTV.
Why it matters: More good stuff for you.
- We’re sharing our work and brains with one of Charlotte’s biggest newsrooms to pack our newsletter with more information for you to make the most out of living here.
Context: WBTV brings expertise in multiple areas — weather, in-depth investigations and other daily coverage from their 80-person staff.
- And Axios has lots to offer WBTV, from our food scoops and first-looks to our things-to-do guides and combined newsletter and Instagram audiences.
What to expect: No dramatic changes. Our newsletter will still be an easy, 3- to 4-minute read each day.
- But we’ll have more reliable weather updates, a heads-up on their biggest investigations, and, eventually, some collaborations.
- You’ll also be able to see our team of journalists on WBTV’s local programming, from “QC Morning” to “On Your Side Tonight.”
Details: We’re starting with a six-month trial to see how it goes, and whether the partnership is a hassle or a home run.
The bottom line: We’re thrilled. WBTV has respected leadership, a time-tested audience and a desire to get things right.
Fun facts: Axios’ Laura Barrero worked as a producer at WBTV before joining Axios, and she won an Emmy award during her time here.
- Also, WBTV was the first television station in the Carolinas when it launched in 1949. So, you have one of Charlotte’s oldest news sources teaming up with one of its youngest.